What DCVC pays for:
Based upon eligibility and the individual needs of the crime victim, DCVC is authorized to provide up to a total of $15,000 for medical and dental services with proper documentation.
Please note other services and stipulations below:
- Counseling Services (Please review the booklet under the Provider tab for additional information)
- Lost Wages/Loss of Support (Please review the booklet under the Provider tab for additional information)
- Funeral/Burial Expenses (Payment for funeral/burial may be up to $4,000)
What DCVC does not pay for:
- Property damage
- Property replacement costs
- Non-criminal related traffic offenses
- Pain and suffering
- Relocation expenses
Please remember that DCVC is the payer of last resort. Crime victims must utilize private insurance, Medicaid, or other third party payers before requesting DCVC reimbursement for services.