What SOVA pays for:
Based upon eligibility and the individual needs of the crime victim, SOVA is authorized to provide up to a total of $15,000 for medical and dental services with proper documentation.
Please note other services and stipulations below:
- Counseling services (Please review the booklet under the provider tab for additional information)
- Lost wages/loss of support (Please review the booklet under the provider tab for additional information)
- Funeral expenses (Payment for burial may be up to $4,000)
What SOVA does not pay for:
- Property damage
- Property replacement costs
- Non-criminal related traffic offenses
- Pain and suffering
- Relocation expenses
Please remember that SOVA is the payer of last resort. Crime victims must utilize private insurance, Medicaid, or other third party payers before requesting SOVA reimbursement for services.