Am I Eligible?
The eligibility requirements to receive services from SOVA are:
- The crime must have occurred in South Carolina.
- The victim must have been directly injured, physically or emotionally.
- The victim must not have initiated, provoked, caused, or contributed to the incident.
- The victim must not have been engaged in any illegal activity at the time of the incident.
- The victim must cooperate with the State Office of Victim Assistance.
- The victim must cooperate with law enforcement.
- The crime must have been reported to law enforcement within 48 hours.
- The claim must have been filed within 180 days from the date of the incident or the discovery of crime and the crime must not have occurred more than four years ago.