Am I Eligible?
The eligibility requirements to receive services from DCVC are:
DCVC Eligibility Criteria
- The crime must occur in South Carolina
- The victim must sustain direct injury - (Physical or Psychological)
- South Carolina law requires DCVC to consider contributory or illegal behavior when making eligibility determinations
- The victim/claimant must cooperate with DCVC and Law Enforcement
- The crime must be reported within 48 hours (May be waived for good cause)
- The claim must be filed within 180 days (May be waived for good cause)
- The claim must be filed within 4 years of the incident. Upon good cause, the time for filing may be extended four years after a diagnosis of injury.